Summary and Wrap Up
Let’s review what you have learned in Module 2: Transition about how to help a child with disabilities be prepared for and adjust to a new setting.
- In Step 1 you read about a practice dilemma involving Tamiya, her family, and her new teacher, Melanie A.
- In Step 2 you turned this practice dilemma into an answerable question, with a focus on finding out whether intentional transition practices will support Tamiya’s transition and adjustment to a new setting.
- In Step 3 you considered key sources of knowledge about transition, including the best available research evidence about the effectiveness of transition planning strategies, consensus statements and policies, and experience-based knowledge about transition.
- In Step 4 you integrated these sources of evidence with the perspectives of Tamiya’s family, staff in her new program and practitioners who worked with her in early intervention to make an informed practice decision, and completed a transition activities worksheet for implementing your decision.
- Finally, in Step 5, you considered ways to evaluate the plan for promoting Tamiya’s adjustment to her new classroom setting.