UNC-CH Spring Doctoral Seminar CONNECT Workshop Discussion
In order for us to best meet your needs, please complete the following FOUR tasks before your class:
(1) Take the quick poll
(2) Answer the following question by clicking on the "Add New Comment" button at the bottom of the screen:
"What challenges do you have or do you envision in embedding evidence-based practice into the professional development you provide?"
(3) Watch a 4-minute video of an overview of CONNECT Modules' evidence-based practice approach to professional development by clicking HERE
(4) Go to CONNECT Module 3: Communication for Collaboration by clicking HERE. Spend time exploring each of the steps in the CONNECT 5-Step Learning Cycle:
- In Step 1, watch Video 3.1: The teacher’s viewpoint and Video 3.2: The therapist’s viewpoint.
- Review Steps 2-5.
In Step 3, watch one of the video demonstrations of the practice,Video 3.3: Conversation with examples of attending and active listening.
Please feel free to explore other aspects of the CONNECT Modules website of interest to you.
Create an action plan about your next steps that you will take following this workshop:
- How are you thinking about using the modules?
- Who else might you share the information with?
- What would support your efforts?